QUEENSWELL INFANT AND NURSERY SCHOOL
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN SUMMARY 2017-2018
OUR VISION IS TO BE OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS
- To continue to raise standards in maths at KS1 to 80% Expected + and increase on 14% Greater Depth.
- To continue to raise standards in maths in the Early Years Foundation Stage of 80%.
- To raise standards in phonics in Year 1 in line with/ exceeding the expected level, broadly in line with national expectations.
- To continue to improve attendance and punctuality – attendance target at least 96% (current 95%).
Leadership and Management
1. To create a new provision for 2 year olds ready for September 2018.
2. To plan and set up extended day for 2 and 3 year olds (breakfast and after school club) ready for 2018.
3. To further develop partnerships with other schools to support leadership and management in raising standards in teaching and learning, particularly in maths and phonics.
Teaching & Learning (Ofsted Actions – May 2017)
Leaders and those responsible for governance should ensure that:
- Phonics teaching routinely challenges the most able pupils and that they have frequent opportunities to apply their phonics knowledge and skills in reading and writing in lessons.
- Adults in the early years make the most of opportunities to promote children’s speaking and listening skills, especially when children are writing.
- To develop the path, separate entrance and change classroom to accommodate 2 year old provision.
- To complete the DDA application to improve outdoor areas –more active playground equipment for children with SEND.
To ensure the garden is used for outdoor learning, including planting/ growing & pond is used regularly.