QUEENSWELL INFANT AND NURSERY SCHOOL
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN SUMMARY 2016-2017
OUR VISION IS TO BE OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS
- To raise standards in phonics to be at least in line with national expectations.
- To raise standards in reading and writing in Year 2 in line with/ exceeding the expected level, broadly in line with national expectations.
- To raise standards in reading and writing in the Early Years Foundation Stage in line with Barnet average of 75%/(national average 73.5% 2015)
- To continue to improve attendance and punctuality – attendance target at least 96% (current 95%).
Leadership and Management
1. To further develop partnerships with other schools to support leadership and management in raising standards in teaching and learning, particularly in phonics.
2. To create a new staffing structure ready for September 2016.
3. To ensure new and returning teachers and staff in leadership roles are supported and effective in their roles.
Teaching & Learning (Ofsted Actions – April 2012)
- To raise standards in mathematics through providing greater challenge for the more able children, particularly in every part of the lesson: KS1 results in 2013 to increase from 9% to at least 12% Level 3.
- To raise standards through planning additional opportunities across the curriculum to practise numeracy skills.
- To improve the quality of the feedback that staff give to pupils so that they clearly understand what they must do to improve their work, and are given sufficient opportunities to respond to their teacher’s comments.
3. To re-develop the garden from funding applications. To ensure the garden is used for outdoor learning, including planting/ growing.
To develop KS1 outside seating areas and playground.
DDA application to fund outdoor areas – improved access to the pond area and more active playground equipment for children with SEND.