Queenswell Infant and Nursery School
Our Curriculum Intent
- To develop independent and resilient learners with high levels of well-being and engagement
- To develop a love of reading
- To provide learning opportunities that interest and motivate children
- To encourage and inspire children through positive outdoor experiences
Our Curriculum Implementation
- Discovery and exploration is at the core of what we do
- We have high quality continuous provision through our learning environment
- We have a vocabulary rich learning environment
- We are a Forest School
- We are part of the Barnet Schools Resilience Programme
- We plan around high quality texts and topic themes
- We follow the Letters and Sounds phonics programme
The Impact of our curriculum intent and implementation
We measure this in a number of ways:
- Child's voice - Children can talk about what they are learning and are excited by the experiences they have had in school.
- Behaviour - Children are well behaved and show care and concern for others.
- Working with parents as partners - we share children's progress with parents,we ask for parent view, we provide parent workshops and newsletters, we value parent involvement in their child's learning journey
- Readiness for next transition point - Children are confident to move to the next stage of their learning.
On Line Safety
We believe that internet safety education is a vital element of the curriculum and a crucial part of young people’s development. We learn about e-safety throughout the school year and always take part in Safer Internet Day. We celebrate the many positives of the internet and raise awareness of the issues that children may come across online. For more information please go to ‘useful links’ on the school’s website where it has links to ‘Think you Know’ and ‘CEOP’. These websites provide advice and safety tips to help manage online safety issues.