Queenswell Infant and Nursery School
Our Curriculum Intent
- To develop independent and resilient learners with high levels of well-being and engagement
- To develop a love of reading
- To provide learning opportunities that interest and motivate children
- To encourage and inspire children through positive outdoor experiences
Our Curriculum Implementation
- Discovery and exploration is at the core of what we do
- We have high quality continuous provision through our learning environment
- We have a vocabulary rich learning environment
- We are a Forest School
- We are part of the Barnet Schools Resilience Programme
- We plan around high quality texts and topic themes
- We follow the Letters and Sounds phonics programme
The Impact of our curriculum intent and implementation
We measure this in a number of ways:
- Child's voice - Children can talk about what they are learning and are excited by the experiences they have had in school.
- Behaviour - Children are well behaved and show care and concern for others.
- Working with parents as partners - we share children's progress with parents,we ask for parent view, we provide parent workshops and newsletters, we value parent involvement in their child's learning journey
- Readiness for next transition point - Children are confident to move to the next stage of their learning.